Which type of footwear is good for walking?

 Choosing the right kind of footwear for walking is more important than we realize. The right fit not only helps us maintain the health of our feet but also serves as a smart investment for life.

If you walk every day, to the park or to your workplace, then choosing the right type of footwear is even more important!

My opinion is that there is NO perfect shoe/footwear for walking! It all depends on which shoe calls out to you and which one provides the proper support, flexibility, and cushioning. 


It also depends on the walking distance, speed, style, and surface, as well as your weight and stride.

SOOO…

Walking shoes are your best bet here. Because, been there, worn that!

My walking shoes are from Adidas and they are named Aestheto Shoes. Attaching a picture so that you can make sense of the points I am about to make.

(Image Credits: Adidas)

They work well because they are immensely flexible. The way I check that is to see whether I can bend and twist the shoes or not.

Other than that, I wouldn’t recommend choosing walking shoes with a flared heel since walkers strike with their heels first.

In such a case, a slightly undercut heel is preferred to facilitate the heel-to-toe rolling action of walking.

However, if shoes make your feet feel caged, then why not go for a pair of flats? Their simple design and open-toe grip will always take care of your comfort.

Plus, you can own many flats in many colors. It’s the versatility and the wide availability that could categorize them as appropriate walking shoes.

If you purchase flats online that are premium-quality and high-end, then I am sure you will have no problem walking long miles for a jog or to work.

I hope my recommendations were helpful! You can always reach out to tell me which suggestion you went with.

Because for me, it's difficult. I don't know whether to go for walking shoes or flats. So, I tend to alternate between both.



0 Comments